We are reaching out to our members and others for help to find part time kitchen staff for the Irish Centre.
We are looking for two people who would be interested in a part time job sharing kitchen duties.
We felt with two people, they would be able to switch off shifts, cover for each other and only have to work every other week.
With just one person, it was difficult when time off was needed as there was no-one to cover and they were having to work every weekend. This makes it difficult to keep staff.
Your main responsibilities (but not a complete list) would be to report to the kitchen liaison; oversee the running of the kitchen; adhere to AHS guidelines for food storage, preparation and kitchen safety; prepare food according to the menu; and work well with others.
Once we are able to return to full capacity, we will be able to host events such as birthdays, weddings and funerals again, so experience preparing and serving a 50 to 150 person buffet is required.
- Wed., 4:00pm-8:00pm
- Thurs., 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Fri., 4:00pm-8:00pm
- Sat., 4:00pm-8:00pm
- Perform all the duties of a prep cook, short order cook and dishwasher
- Ensure that the kitchen, all food prep areas and all food storage areas meet restaurant cleaning standards
- Maintain a weekly cleaning schedule to ensure the work area is always kept sanitary
- Coordinate with the kitchen liaison to plan meal specials and grocery shopping lists on a weekly basis
- Successful candidate must possess a current Food Safety certificate from Alberta Health Services
- Experience preparing items for broiling, grilling, frying, sauteing or other cooking methods using gas appliances
- Experienced food preparation skills of portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating
- Experience performing the maintenance required to keep grills, fryers, ovens, flat top range and refrigeration equipment in top working condition
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional hygiene and grooming habits
- High school diploma or equivalent; Diploma from a culinary school will be an advantage
- Reliable transportation (limited bus service in the area)
Please contact Janet at 780.566.2191 or by email at ten.suletnull@najom
The successful person does not have to be a member, so if you know of anyone who would be interested, please pass this on.